Sweet Potato (Patate Douce) and Tangy Sauce Snack
Featured Cook: Caroline from The DRC
Sweet Potato (Patate Douce) and Tangy sauce snack
- Sweet potatoes
- Tangy sauce of your choice
- Cooking oil
Sweet potatoes preparation – Clean, peel and cut up sweet potatoes into blocks make sure the blocks are not too thick. Then place in water to not allow the potatoes to not turn brown.
- Heat up a deep pot with cooking oil (the cooking oil should be enough to allow the potatoes to be amerced in the oil)
- Once the oil is close to being heated remove potatoes from water and dry in a clean dish cloth
- Add the potatoes to the heated oil and fry till golden brown then remove from oil.
- Sprinkle some sugar on top for extra sweetness and serve.
Serve with a tangy sauce of your choice mayonnaise, chutney etc. Allow yourself to combine the sweetness of the potato and tanginess of the sauce for your enjoyment.