Featured cook: Maria from Uganda
- 2 large onions
- 2tbs of soy sauce
- 1tbs of salt
- 1tbs of pilau masala
- 1tbs of salt, freshly ground ginger
- Liquid Beef stock (or Small beef cubes beef stock in water)
- 2tbs of cooking oil
- 1tbs of garlic
- Cut meat into small cubes and boil it until its tender.
- Remove the beef cubes from the stock.
- Put oil into a large frying pan and fry the beef for about 20 minutes until it turns golden brown.
- As you fry the beef add black pepper, ginger and garlic
- Put oil into the pot you are going to use to make the rice.
- Add some onions to the oil when it’s ready and cook until soft.
- Put in 2 cups of rice and add soy sauce and the beef cubes.
- Heat up the beef stock; if it’s not enough add some boiling water.
- Let the rice cook (When it’s ready it will be brown in colour)
You can serve it with fried cabbage or any vegetable of your choice.