Feature Cook: Nobsie from Zimbabwe
- Mealie Meal – 2 cups
- Pumpkin – 1/4 of a crown pumpkin – chopped – enough to half fill a medium sized pot.
- Sugar – 2tbl spoons
- Boil Pumpkin until very soft.
- Mash it – not too finely, just enough to enable you to make a porridge.
- Mix half a cup of mealie meal in a small bowl with water and make a thick paste.
- Mix paste into the pumpkin porridge – let that cook for about 3-4 min in medium heat.
- Add the rest of the mealie meal to make a thick paste – Sadza/Isitshwala/Pap.
- Cook on medium heat for 3-10min, mixing it halfway through.
You can enjoy it with meat or any vegetables of your choice.