Fridge Lemon Tart
Featured Cook: Cassidy from South Africa
- 1 packet tennis biscuits (or any other biscuits really).
- 1 tin condensed milk (+- 340g)
- 1 tub smooth cream cheese (plain)
- ½ cup lemon juice (the concentrate in the bottle works better, but you can use fresh lemon juice instead)
- 50g melted butter or margarine (about 2-3 heaped tablespoons)
- Crush the biscuits into fine crumbs. Mix enough of the butter into the crumbs to make it stick together – use more or less butter as needed.
- Press the biscuit mixture into the bottom of a 23cm tart dish, making sure to press the crumb mixture up the sides of the dish as well.
- In a clean bowl, mix the condensed milk and cream cheese together until smooth. You can use a whisk, but don’t use an electric beater as this will introduce too much air into the mixture.
- Once there are no lumps, add the lemon juice and mix quickly as the mixture will begin to set immediately.
- When the mixture is smooth and well mixed, pour into the prepared base and leave for 2-4 hours or until set.
Do you have questions about Jesus or would like to know more? We would love to connect with you. Just click below to send us your questions!