Egusi- Chicken Spinach Stew
Featured Cook: Michael from Ghana
- 2kg Chicken
- 2 bunches of Spinach
- Garlic & Ginger paste (to taste)
- 3 Tomatoes
- Spices (Mixed herbs, tree bark)
- 2 Onions
- 200ml Palm oil
- 200g Egusi (Sesame Seed)
- 1 Maggie Stock cube
- Cut your chicken into pieces and rinse.
- Chop 1 onion.
- Put chicken and onion in the pot and add garlic & ginger paste to taste.
- Steam for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- While chicken is steaming, you chop up spinach, tomatoes and remaining onion.
- Remove chicken from the stove, and then in a separate pot heat up palm oil.
- Fry onion, and then you add your chopped tomatoes, leave to cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Then add steam chicken, spinach and egusi (sesame seed), and then allow to cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- And then you dissolve your Maggie stock cube in water and add to the stew together with your mixed herbs & tree bark spices. Wait for three minutes and your Chicken spinach stew is ready to be served.
- Serve with rice, Garri, Pap (Ogali) or Bread.