Egusi- Chicken Spinach Stew
Featured Cook: Michael from Ghana
- 2kg Chicken
- 2 bunches of Spinach
- Garlic & Ginger paste (to taste)
- 3 Tomatoes
- Spices (Mixed herbs, tree bark)
- 2 Onions
- 200ml Palm oil
- 200g Egusi (Sesame Seed)
- 1 Maggie Stock cube
- Cut your chicken into pieces and rinse.
- Chop 1 onion.
- Put chicken and onion in the pot and add garlic & ginger paste to taste.
- Steam for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- While chicken is steaming, you chop up spinach, tomatoes and remaining onion.
- Remove chicken from the stove, and then in a separate pot heat up palm oil.
- Fry onion, and then you add your chopped tomatoes, leave to cook for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Then add steam chicken, spinach and egusi (sesame seed), and then allow to cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- And then you dissolve your Maggie stock cube in water and add to the stew together with your mixed herbs & tree bark spices. Wait for three minutes and your Chicken spinach stew is ready to be served.
- Serve with rice, Garri, Pap (Ogali) or Bread.
Do you have questions about Jesus or would like to know more? We would love to connect with you. Just click below to send us your questions!