Christmas Chocolate Brownies.
Featured Cook: Judith from South Africa
- 1.4 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup treacle sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Nutella Hazelnut spread
- Pecan nuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1.2 cup cocoa powder
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Melt butter in the microwave and mix together with eggs, treacle sugar and vanilla essence.
- Mix together – add 2 table spoons of Nutella Hazelnut spread.
- Sift all dry ingredients together and mix in the cocoa and flour.
- Then add all ingredients together until it’s a sticky fudgy paste.
- Oil a standard baking tray and smooth out the paste onto the tray.
- Add your pecan nuts on top of mixture.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for twenty minutes.
To check if it is baked take the edge of a flat knife and pierce the centre. If nothing sticks to the knife it is fully baked and must be removed from the oven.
- Bring to boil cup of milk 125 g of butter.
- Add cup of icing sugar and 1.4 cup of cocoa.
- Mix this mixture into hot mixture fast – let it simmer on low heat until sticky.
- As you remove dish from oven after baking your syrup icing should be ready.
- Pour icing evenly over baked brownies and let it stand to cool off.
- Sift a tea spoon of icing sugar over baked and syrup brownies for snowy look.