Featured Cook: Lady Lee
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 4 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 450g can of baked beans in tomato sauce
- 4 tsp hot or mild curry powder
- 2 hot chilies, very finely diced
- 1 and ½ stock cubes (its added as salt)
- 150ml oil (any cooking oil of your choice)
- The stove level must be on 3 or 4.
- Warm the oil in a pan then add the onions and green, yellow and red peppers.
- Fry until soft before adding the carrots, chillies. (DO NOT BURN THE MIXTURE…if the stove is too hot, turn it down a bit).
- Mix thoroughly and allow the mixture to simmer gently for 5- 10 minutes (stirring occasionally). Towards the end of the cooking time use a broad spoon to mix the ingredients in the pan so that the mixture becomes well mixed together.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and cook for a further 15 minutes. Serve warm.
You can also keep the mixture in the fridge for over a week if there are left overs.
Chakalaka photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kicko/402081303/